Our Lady of Victory National Shrine and Basilica is located at 767 Ridge Rd, Buffalo, NY 14218. It is a popular pilgrimage site and a Catholic parish church in Lackawanna. The basilica was founded by Father Nelson Baker, and it is part of the Diocese of Buffalo. You can visit the sanctuary to make a pilgrimage. It is located in Lackawanna, New York.
The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Victory was completed in late 1921, and the first Mass was celebrated in the sanctuary on Christmas Day. Pope Pius XI blessed the statue in Italy and sculpted it at the parish. Bishop Turner and Cardinal Hayes attended the ceremony, which attracted thousands of priests and parishioners. On July 20, 1936, Pope Pius XI recognized the shrine as a Minor Basilica.
The sanctuary was finished in late 1925, and was dedicated on Christmas Day. Its consecration was conducted by Bishop William Turner, Diocese of Buffalo, and Cardinal Patrick Hayes. Thousands of priests and laypeople participated in the ceremony, which took place on May 25, 1926. The sanctuary was designated a Minor Basilica by Pope Pius XI in 1930. At the time, Father Baker was responsible for the parish's various institutions of charity. He died on July 29, 1936, shortly after the church was completed.
Construction was finished by late 1925, and the first Mass at the basilica was held on Christmas Day 1925. The parish was consecrated by Pope Pius XI and was completed in mid-June. The Basilica was consecrated on May 25 and declared a Minor Basilica on July 20 of that year. The original parish was located on the grounds of St. Patrick's, which was destroyed in 1916.
The Basilica, which is one of the oldest churches in Western New York, was built with the help of the Diocese of Buffalo. Its main altar was designed by Father Baker, and it is 9 feet tall. The building was finished in late 1925. In addition, the first Mass at the sanctuary was held on Christmas in 1926. On May 25, the shrine was consecrated and became a Minor Basilica.
A statue of the Mother of Victory National Shrine is located on the main altar. It stands nine feet tall and weighs 1,600 pounds. It is the only Catholic shrine in the United States that is dedicated to Mother Alphonsa. The Basilica is open to all. It also has a museum dedicated to the history of the church. The cathedral is located in the heart of the town.
The chapel was built in 1892 by Rev. Anthony F. Kolaszewski and 124 families. The parish was renamed in honor of him on June 24, 1892. The Sacred Heart of Jesus was chosen as the patron saint of the community. The building was blessed on August 30, 1892. The chapel is located at the heart of Cheektowaga NY.