The Hull Family Home & Farmstead is an 18th century farmhouse that exemplifies life for early 19th-century settlers in Western New York. It is the only fully restored stone dwelling in Erie county and a living history museum. It features original artwork, period furnishings, and authentic period paintings. The house has been meticulously restored and archeological digs have unearthed clues to its previous life. You can visit the house on a guided tour by appointment. You can visit the farmhouse at 5976 Genesee St, Lancaster, NY 14086.
The Hull Family Home consists of six buildings built between 1810 and 1835. The Warren Hull House is a National Register-listed property that is significant under the categories of architecture and settlement. It is the only surviving Federal style stone structure in the area and predates the devastation caused by the War of the Eighteenth Century. It is also the oldest substantial masonry residence in Erie County. The house has undergone several restorations and is now managed by the Hull Family Foundation.
The Hull House was built in 1816. It was named for the Hull family. After the death of their husbands, they had six children. In 1830, they were both widowed. After her second marriage, she married William Tyler. He eventually purchased adjacent land to the Hull property. The house was then called "The Lewis House". The family owned it for two years and lived in it until 1902.
The Hull Family Home & Farmstead Cheektowaga NY is an enchanting home that's worth visiting. Founded by Warren Hull in 1816, it is the oldest stone dwelling in Erie County, NY. It is one of the most important examples of early American architecture in western New York. The Hull House Foundation is currently restoring the house as an educational and interpretive center.
The Hull family home & farmstead was built in 1810. Its owner, Warren Hull, had six children. Polly Hull Lewis was a widow in 1830 and later married William Tyler. He later bought the property next to the Hull homestead. The Tylers lived there until they moved to Canada. The Hulls were widowed in 1830.
The Hull Family Home & Farmstead has a long history of family life. It was home to many Hull families. The Hull family house was built by Warren and his wife, Polly Hull. After the War of 1812, the Hull family home became a museum. It is the oldest masonry home in Erie County. In March 2003, the foundation received a generous grant of $125,000 from the Margaret L. Wendt Foundation.